A letter to the inner soul in me who needed this:)





At the age of six, Grandma placed a tooth under your pillow because you genuinely believed that tooth fairies would pay a visit to you and would turn your wishes to reality. As you turned 9 years old, your heart shattered a little when you learnt that there was no such person as Santa Claus riding high in the sky with his red nosed reindeer on a sleigh filled with presents on Christmas. After your 12th birthday, books were an escape which took you on an adventure which you never ceased to experience in the mundane world you lived in. On turning 16, confining yourself within the pages of a diary seemed more comforting because it was easier to write than to actually talk about it. At the age of 17, anxiety slithered its way into your life like an uninvited guest who had no plans on leaving. You felt the bitter taste of disappointment and the burden of expectations on your shoulders when you turned 18 because you were now a responsible adult. I'm sorry you felt like running away from everything. I'm sorry that your world ran out of dry pillows and building walls and confining within them seemed more convenient. 
However what makes me really glad is that you never gave up, you never stopped believing in yourself . I'm genuinely glad that you believed that there would be a light at the end of the tunnel. It makes me happy that you still try letting light enter into the walls you've built for so long and I'm happy that your immense faith has slowly been moving your heart and soul to a better place. I'm so proud of you.    

-  I decided to write a letter for myself because just as it is really important to appreciate others, it is equally important to appreciate yourself. So yeah just be proud of who you are and be kind to yourself as well like you are to everybody else. To all the ones reading this, you're a warrior and I might not know the struggles you faced as an individual but all I'll say and hope that you imprint it in your mind is that you're pretty amazing because here you are living, surviving, struggling and thriving inspite of all the difficulties. Cheers! -

Comments